If you’ve arrived here, you're probably looking to make changes in your life. You may simply feel you can’t carry on as you are, or you may be curious to find out more about yourself. I hope I can help you with either.
I am a counsellor and psychotherapist working in Cheltenham and Dursley in Gloucestershire, and Islington in North London. Sometimes I also work outside in nature.
I am committed to offering my clients a confidential, supportive and non-judgemental environment in which to work through whatever is challenging them. Over the years I have experienced how counselling and psychotherapy can help deliver real life changes.
- You find yourself overwhelmed by unwelcome feelings such as anxiety, stress, anger, sadness or loneliness
- You feel stuck or unhappy in your relationship, or struggle with intimacy
- You want to change your life, but keep repeating old patterns
- Issues from your past are stopping you from living life to the full
- You are struggling with a life transition, or a specific event such as a bereavement, redundancy or relationship breakdown
- Feel more comfortable in your own skin, making choices for yourself rather than to keep others happy
- Overcome the impact of a traumatic event
- Feel more connected to other people, developing deeper relationships
- Live in the present, rather than thinking too much about the past or the future
- Overcome addictive behaviour
- Find a new balance between different parts of your life, successfully navigating life transitions
- Gain a greater understanding of who you are and what makes you tick
In Gloucestershire I work as a counsellor and psychotherapist in Cheltenham and Dursley, within easy reach of Gloucester, Cirencester, Stroud, Stonehouse, Tewkesbury, Nailsworth, Tetbury and Yate. In London my counselling and psychotherapy practice is based in Islington, just two minutes walk from Angel tube and within easy access of Highbury, Stoke Newington, Dalston, Hackney, Old Street, Clerkenwell and King's Cross.
I also work online with people who are unable to attend therapy sessions in person on a regular basis. I am accredited by the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and a member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP).
I am experienced at helping clients who find themselves struggling with feelings and situations such as:
- Relationship difficulties
- Panic attacks
- Bereavement and loss
- Life transitions
- Sexual abuse, and
- Other traumas
That said, I prefer to view everyone as a unique individual rather than a walking ‘issue’ to be solved.
Taking the first step towards finding help is often the hardest part, and it’s important that you find the right counsellor / psychotherapist for you. Have a look round this site to find out more about me and my approach. If you have any questions about what counselling with me in Dursley, Cheltenham or Islington might involve, or about psychotherapy more generally, then please feel free to get in contact.