Here are some links to other websites that you may find helpful. A few of them are referred to elsewhere on this site. I will be updating this list on an ongoing basis.
- The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy – one of the UK’s two key accrediting bodies, weighted more towards psychotherapists rather than counsellors. Their site has a searchable database of members.
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy – the other of the UK’s two key accrediting bodies. Their site also has a searchable list of members.
- The Counselling Directory – a user-friendly listing of practitioners based all over the UK. Note that this is a commercially run operation so those appearing have paid for their listing. This doesn’t invalidate the listing but it might explain why some people you are looking for do not appear.
- CALM – the Campaign Against Living Miserably – a small but innovative charity that campaigns to reduce suicide among men and raise their awareness of mental health issues. It was set up in response to the fact that suicide remains the single biggest killer of young men in the UK. Disclosure: I am a trustee.
- Kathy Osborne – Kathy offers counselling and psychotherapy. I sometimes work with her and rate her work highly.